I really struggle to find words as to why this bothers me. I mean, it really is not a bad thing to sell caskets - we will all need one some day (I suppose it is very possible to do without, but it is certainly customary). I also understand the need for businesses to make money. It's just...Caskets.
So here are some ideas for advertising campaigns:
- Buy a coffin, get a free urn!
- Prices so cheap, you'll feel like you robbed the grave.
- A tisket, a tasket, a bargain on a casket.
- We bury our competition (and our customers).
- Our service won't leave you in the cold.
- Coffee? Cream?...Coffin? Cremate?
- No Body is Better.
- You never know if you need us.
- Why so cheap? Two words: "Cardboard Boxes."
- Monumental Savings.
So I got thinking, what are some other business that could be of a similar ilk:
- DIY Colonoscopies - What do Gastroenterologists know anyway?
- Urinals R Us
- Sputum Central - "Thanks for bringing that up!"
- Dog Doo Madness - Deeply Discounted Dung
- Grim Reaper's home embalming kit- "Just make sure they're really dead..."
- Parasite Pals - no wait, that is the real thing.