Here are some other less-known movies that I would recommend:
- Mystery Men - With Ben Stiller. Very funny (and odd) movie about some non-mainstream superheroes.
- What's up Tiger Lilly? - by Woody Allen. This was one of his very first movies. He takes a cheesy Japanese movie and dubs it with a plot in English that has nothing to do with the original script. The main character is named "Phil Moscowitz" - a common Japanese name, and they are after the famous egg salad sandwich recipe.
- The Frisco Kid - with Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford. This gem is about a polish Rabbi who has to cross the US during the wild west days to bring a Torah to the San Francisco Jews. He meets up with a rough cowboy (Harrison Ford - well before Star Wars) who feels obligated to help the helpless Rabbi.
- Galaxy Quest - with Tim Allen. You probably know this one, but it is one of my favorites. They do such a great job mocking the Sci Fi genre. I have watched this several times.
- The Manchurian Candidate (the original) - with Frank Sinatra and the "Brat Pack." The newer one is very good, but the original is well worth seeing even if you have seen the latter one.
Any other recommendations?